You want to be king? Kill your father and sit on his throne.
|Death Will Have His Day|
|Season Two, Episode Eleven|
|Air date:||March 30, 2016|
“Et Tu, Brute?”
“A Rose by Any Other Name”
After losing the company he built, Lucious announces he will stop at nothing to regain his power, but Cookie has her own way of handling things. Meanwhile, Rhonda, Andre and the rest of the Lyon family come to terms with a horrific, life-changing tragedy that changes their lives as they know it.
- Terrence Howard as Lucious Lyon
- Taraji P. Henson as Cookie Lyon
- Trai Byers as Andre Lyon
- Jussie Smollett as Jamal Lyon
- Bryshere Y. Gray as Hakeem Lyon
- Grace Gealey as Anika Calhoun
- Kaitlin Doubleday as Rhonda Lyon
- Ta'Rhonda Jones as Porsha Taylor (absent)
- Gabourey Sidibe as Becky Williams
- Serayah as Tiana Brown (absent)
- Naomi Campbell as Camilla Marks-Whiteman
- Andre Royo as Thirsty Rawlings
- Jamila Velazquez as Laura Calleros
- Patrick Mulvey as Jago Locke
- William Fichtner as Jamieson Hinthrop
- Raquel Castro as Marisol
- Yani Marin as Carmen
- Max Beesley as Guy
- Andre and Rhonda's unborn child dies after Rhonda's near-fatal injury at her house.
- Based on this situation, Cookie also reveals that she had a miscarriage before her sons were born, and that it was a baby girl.
- Hakeem is appointed the new CEO of Empire Entertainment.
- Hakeem and Laura have sex for the first time together.
- Cookie makes a deal with Hakeem to have Empire Entertainment acquire Lyon Dynasty, but it is a scheme to remove Camilla from the company. However, the deal also has Cookie appointed as the new head of A&R for Empire.
- Lucious appoints his jail associates to attack Jago Locke and remove him as a candidate as CEO of Empire Entertainment.
- Lucious is determined to take back Empire Entertainment, even if it takes taking down Hakeem.
- He urges Hakeem to shoot him in the same spot that Lucious shot Bunkie Williams.
- With this episode, 2 of the 3 Lyon sons have held the position as CEO of Empire Entertainment.
- This episode had 12.46 million viewers during its initial premiere.